How to renew
You can renew in person at a Registo office, by previous appointment, only if you have already been granted a valid residence permit or one that has been expired less than 6 months ago.
How to schedule an appointment?
Schedue the renewal of a residence permit on the siga website or on the sigaApp.
- select Registo entity
- select Citizen theme, Residence permit subtheme and Renewal of residence permit motive
- choose the day, time and the register office
- enter your details: identify yourself with your residence permit (if you are a lawyer you must enter the client's details)
You will receive an email with the appointment details and code.
On scheduled day, bring the documents you need to apply for the renewal
In general you have to submit the following documents:
- valid residence permit or one that has been expired for less than 6 months
- valid passport or travel document
- proof of means of subsistence
- proof of accommodation (e.g. a proof issued by the Parish Council or lease contract and last rent receipt, or the property’s sale contract or registry)
- proof of regularised tax situation, where applicable
- proof of regularised situation in social security, where applicable
- authorisation to consult criminal record (except if you are under 16).