The online form for the Birth registration request is only available in Portuguese.
Follow these steps:
- Access https://nascimento.justica.gov.pt/nascimento
- Authenticate yourself with your Digital Mobile Key (Chave Móvel Digital)
- Fill out the online birth declaration and attach the proof of birth issued by the hospital (in PDF, PNG, JPG or JPEG)
- Submit the application.
If the parents are married to each other, only one parent needs to access the online birth registration service by logging with the Digital Mobile Key.
After successful authentication, a form will be displayed for you to fill out with the details needed to register the child, namely:
- the parents’ details (name, place of birth, parents’ names, marital status, address, and e-mail and telephone contacts)
- the child’s details: given names and birth place; statistical data for the National Institute for Statistics.
If the parents are not married to each other, both parents must have their Digital Mobile Key in order to authenticate.
Upon submission by one of the parents, the declaration needs to be confirmed by the other parent. An email will be sent to both parents informing them that the declaration awaits confirmation and providing an access link to the other parent.
Upon login of the other parent, via their Digital Mobile key, the submitted declaration will be displayed.
At the end, after entering the statistical data, an “acceptance” button will be displayed.
Upon clicking on “acceptance”, a confirmation email will be sent to both parents informing them that the declaration will be submitted to the civil register office.